“…Motivation, Leadership, National Development and ICT”
In the midst of major world challenges, something profound is being reborn — a recognition that ordinary people with concern, vision and commitment can make significant contributions to transforming the planet. That is what Dare 2 Dream Youth Initiative (D2DYI) is all about, a coming together of youths that believe in self motivation, value-based leadership, the New Nigeria Dream and the ongoing digital revolution. We agree with Margaret Mead that you “… never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has”.
“Some men see things as they are and say, ‘why?’ I dream of the things that never were and say, ‘why not?'” — George Bernard Shaw.
We see a New Nigeria and we are committed to seeing it come to pass. We are stepping above the limitations of our environment, we are daring to dream, knowing that in the dream of a better tomorrow lies the very future we hope for. The D2DYS meeting objective includes:
1. To inspire and motivate youths towards self-realization and actualization;
2. To make youths see that we could have a new Nigeria, having a dream that could create the future (a new paradigm);
3. To discuss the place of ICT and youths in national development;
4. Highlighting the role and duties of the youths in national development;
5. To help youths take their rightful place as contributors to a new enlightened world.
6. To engage and empower others to be truly motivated to work in the coming years with respect to Nigeria and the world at large — via Information and Communication Technologies.
Peggy Hotel Hall
Opp Delta Careers College
Along Airport Rd
Saturday, 11th August, 2007
(i) IN YOUR HANDS: Deciding the next few years of your life
(ii) Today & Tomorrow: My Life, my choice and my nation’s futureâ€¦
(iii) ICT and Youth development
Social Entrepreneur & Information Society Researcher
Nigeria’s first Information Technology Youth Ambassador
Dr. Brown Ogbeifun
Former PENGASSAN President
Dare 2 Dream Youth Initiative
“… Greater Self, Greater Nation, Greater Future”