Spearhead the future!
Are you 30 years or younger ?
Are you leading a business or venture that creates revenue but also aims to make
the world a better place ?
Are internet, computer, mobile phones or other IT tools an integral part of your business or venture ?
Then, APPLY !
The Global Young Social Entrepreneursâ€™ Competition runs in all regions of the globe. Applications from Egypt are particularly encouraged, as country-specific funding has been made available in addition to the general Competition funds.
7 Reasons to apply :
1. Be one of 100 sponsored participants to attend the Young Social Entrepreneursâ€™ Forum @ GK3 and the 3rd Global Knowledge Conference (GK3), a GKP Event on the Future on â€˜Emerging People, Emerging Markets, Emerging Technologiesâ€™ that will bring 2000 participants to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 11 to 13 December 2007
2. Be one of 10 to pitch for funding during the Forum and, if successful, fast-track your business with a fellowship under the Youth Social Enterprise Initiative www.ysei.org or with scale-up funding
3. Meet various funding organisations such as development aid agencies, commercial banks, CSR investors and venture capitalists; mentors; experts and other stakeholders
4. Be part of a crowd of innovative and motivated young people who have chosen to put their skills and abilities into business with a social edge; take advantage of the dedicated networking session on 10 December 2007
5. Mingle and network with the 2000 general GK3 participants and showcase your social business with people who will take you seriously
6. Profile your social interests in a Global Competition that is fully web-based and transparent; application forms, jury evaluations and verification reports will be viewable to the public who will also be able to post comments
7. Contribute to the shaping of the Forum sessions through the content development process
For more information on the Global Competition contact email@example.com.
The Global Competition, the Young Social Entrepreneursâ€™ Forum and GK3 are organised by Global Knowledge Partnership (GKP), the worldâ€™s leading multi-stakeholder network promoting innovation and advancement in Knowledge for Development and Information and Communication Technologies for Development. www.globalknowledge.org
GKP runs the Youth Social Enterprise Initiative (YSEI), a programme dedicated to young social entrepreneurs that offers support in the four key areas of knowledge, networking, mentorship and financing. www.ysei.org