Nigeria Internet Group (NIG), in conjunction with the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), wishes to invite you to participate at a one-day seminar on the Internet for Jobs (I4J) Initiative scheduled to hold as follows:
Theme: Internet for Jobs: Promoting Internet Entrepreneurship in Nigeriaâ€
Date: Thursday July 12, 2007
Venue: Golden Gate Restaurant, 25B Glover Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
Time: 09:00 am â€“ 05:00 pm
The objective of this seminar is to expose the potentials of the Internet as a platform for creating jobs in Nigeria through the establishment of online businesses. It is our intention to direct the attention of the teeming unemployed and under-employed populace to the potentials of The Internet as a platform for job creation by facilitating startup of online businesses in Nigeria through the Internet for Jobs (I4J) Initiative.
The Internet for Jobs (I4J) Initiative will be launched at the event by the Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, Engineer Ernest Ndukwe, the Director General of NITDA, Professor Angaye and the Managing Director of Zenith Bank, Mr. Jim Ovia. Other distinguished speakers will be examining topics cogent to the theme of the event. The topics to be discussed include:
– Internet for Jobs (I4J) Initiativeâ€“The concept and the Goals
– e-Payment: Pre-requisite to e-Economy
– Mainstreaming online businesses in the Nigerian economy
– Promoting Internet Entrepreneurship in Nigeria
– Leveraging the power of the Internet to create jobs in Nigeria
– Opportunities and challenges of starting sustainable online businesses in Nigeria
– Strategic marketing: A success factor for e-Bussiness
Attendance is FREE.