Junior Achievement (JA) is the worldâ€™s oldest and largest non- profit economic education organisation designed to help students understand the world of work, help them discover and reach their full potential. JA operates in 112 countries around the world with entrepreneurial and leadership programs that are delivered to schools by trained volunteers from the private sector. JA began operations in Nigeria since 1999 and has reached over 90,000 students and intends to reach more.
Junior Achievement of Nigeria is proud to announce a new program that will positively influence the lives of more students. JA Careers with a Purpose (CWAP) is aimed at helping students to:
- Learn the importance of seeking careers that help them realize their lifeâ€™s potential and noble purpose;
- Demonstrate the importance of positive values, life maxims and ethical decision making within the context of career and life decisions;
- Attain a level of fulfillment in their proposed chosen career in the nearest future; and
- Participate in an international essay competition (JA Laws of Life Essay Competition) with prize-winning opportunities and recognition for brilliant ideas.
CWAP classes will consist of 30 students, and will hold for ten (10) hours over a period of three to four weekends (Saturdays) beginning from February 17, 2007. The classes include class discussions, group work and individualâ€™s test of their knowledge. On completion of CWAP, successful student will be awarded a CWAP Certificate of Achievement. The program is open to students in tertiary institutions who are below the age of 21, and are willing to complete all ten hours of the program. Interested individuals should contact email@example.com and must include the following in their eMail:
- Full names
- eMail address
- Phone number (mobile preferred)
- Date of Birth
- Short Essay (200 words) on why they should be selected as part of the 30 students
Selected students will receive their training materials and get more information on the program before the commencement date. All enquiries or applications must be received by February 10, 2007. We look forward to you participation in the JA Careers with a Purpose program, and to the possibility of working with you to improve the lives of Nigeriaâ€™s Youth!