RemouldNG is a start-up development consulting firm specialising in qualitative research and analysis in the areas of energy, gender, health, agriculture, and the environment. The firm works to assess the social and economic impacts of technical and policy interventions in the above-mentioned core areas. The firm also conducts primary and secondary research to uncover the factors driving such impacts, given that they are often at variance with the intentions of the public and private organisations tasked with technology and policy implementation.
Our clients span the gamut from international development organisations to national governments, civil society actors, and local businesses. We also work with the intended beneficiaries of development and market interventions to assess their needs and determine how best to channel public and private resources to meet those needs. Our aim is to provide a strong evidence base on which organisations can subsequently build their implementation strategy and ultimately meet the needs of target populations in ways that matter most to those populations.
The firm is now seeking a social development analyst who will work out of Lagos and will be engaged in all aspects of the firm’s work, including research, data analysis, results presentation, and report writing. Specifically, the analyst will be required to:
- Undergo training in qualitative research methods on the job;
- Contribute to the development of research and consulting proposals;
- Participate in the design of desk and field studies;
- Conduct desk research and synthesise the findings into background reports;
- Undertake field research within and outside Lagos;
- Distil the findings of primary research into working papers and final reports;
- Contribute to the ongoing development of content for the firm’s outreach channels;
- Assist the principal analyst in all activities relating to the planning, execution and delivery of project results.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- A bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, geography, or other social science field. A Master’s degree in any of the above-mentioned fields would be an added advantage;
- At least two years’ experience working on poverty alleviation and international development issues;
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to strict deadlines;
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria on temporary field assignments.
Remuneration will be dependent on the candidate’s skills, experience, and ability and willingness to learn on the job.
How to apply: Please send your CV, along with a 500-word essay on the potential benefits of mainstreaming gender considerations into energy projects, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 13, 2016.